Title: Shatterproof Plan, Part 22
Author:
digthewriter
Pairing/Characters: Draco
Word Count: 565
Rating: PG-13
Warning/Content: EWE. Angst. Eventual HEA.
Disclaimer: I do not own the characters. This is all fun and no offence is intended.
Author's Notes: Unbetaed. Metaphorical use of prompts at its best.
Prompt/Challenge: Incorporating prompts: 1.
slythindor100 early bird prompt: Roasting Chestnut Stand, 2.
adventdrabbles prompt/day 21: Winter Solstice.

After going through Draco's clothes and finding what Teddy thought was the perfect outfit — honestly, it was a simple black suit Draco could have picked out for himself — Teddy went out to get something to eat. Draco was too exhausted to socialise but he had told Alexander he would try to get in touch with him so after sending a message to Alex, Draco decided to leave his suite as well.
As he entered the lobby, he stumbled across a commotion. A crowd was gathered by the reception desk like Draco had never seen before. It reminded him of a busy Roman street on the night of a Winter Solstice where everyone gathered around a roasting chestnut stand waiting to purchase for themselves.
However, instead of selling chestnuts, Draco found a man arguing with the front desk receptionist and Draco saw Liam there as well. The man, tall, fair and striking features, with bright red hair was hard to miss.
Naturally, Draco knew exactly who it was.
"Weasley?" he said politely as the man and the hotel staff continued to argue.
Charlie Weasley looked sideways, ready to punch Draco when he seemingly calmed himself. Still, the look of surprise hadn't escaped him. "Malfoy?"
"Is everything all right?"
"Do you know this man, Mr Malfoy?" Liam asked.
"Yes. He's a friend…" Sort of. Charlie Weasley raised an eyebrow at Malfoy.
"I'm afraid he's asking for information we cannot provide and if your friend is not staying here, he needs to leave."
"Can I talk to him?" Draco straightened his posture and raised an eyebrow, looking sternly at Liam and Liam nodded nervously. Draco motioned with his head and asked for Charlie to follow him.
"I didn't know you were here…Does Harry know?" Weasley asked.
Draco nodded once. "It wasn't planned. I assume you're here for Longbottom?" Charlie didn't meet his eyes. "I know his room is on the seventh floor but I'm unaware of his room number." Draco thought for a long minute before he sat down on one of the sofas in the lobby and Charlie did the same. "I can get Teddy to ask Liam—"
"Who?"
"The man over there. He's become close with Teddy. He would tell him which room Neville's staying in. Or, you can come to our suite. Freshen up. And we can head over to the Christmas Eve Ball tonight that the resort is hosting."
"But I'm not staying here…"
"Indeed," Draco said. "Liam…" he called softly and the young man came rushing to him.
"Yes, Mr Malfoy?"
"Can you please arrange it so Mr Weasley will stay with myself and Teddy in our Suite?" Draco asked and Liam hesitantly nodded. "Please update the charges to whatever they are for an extra guest and give me the invoice. Is that understood?"
"Yes, Mr Malfoy."
"Excellent. Well, Weasley. Let's go."
"Why are you helping me?" Charlie asked standing up after Draco had done so.
Draco gave Charlie a once-over. "I suppose I'm helping Neville," he said and the man's face turned red. "I might be slightly aware of your entanglement and Neville's been nothing but kind to me after he's seen me here. If you two can get a chance to work it out—"
"And Harry?"
Draco smiled softly as they reached the lifts and he looked at Charlie. "We're trying to be friends."
"Friends," echoed Charlie.
"Trying," said Draco.
Author:
Pairing/Characters: Draco
Word Count: 565
Rating: PG-13
Warning/Content: EWE. Angst. Eventual HEA.
Disclaimer: I do not own the characters. This is all fun and no offence is intended.
Author's Notes: Unbetaed. Metaphorical use of prompts at its best.
Prompt/Challenge: Incorporating prompts: 1.

After going through Draco's clothes and finding what Teddy thought was the perfect outfit — honestly, it was a simple black suit Draco could have picked out for himself — Teddy went out to get something to eat. Draco was too exhausted to socialise but he had told Alexander he would try to get in touch with him so after sending a message to Alex, Draco decided to leave his suite as well.
As he entered the lobby, he stumbled across a commotion. A crowd was gathered by the reception desk like Draco had never seen before. It reminded him of a busy Roman street on the night of a Winter Solstice where everyone gathered around a roasting chestnut stand waiting to purchase for themselves.
However, instead of selling chestnuts, Draco found a man arguing with the front desk receptionist and Draco saw Liam there as well. The man, tall, fair and striking features, with bright red hair was hard to miss.
Naturally, Draco knew exactly who it was.
"Weasley?" he said politely as the man and the hotel staff continued to argue.
Charlie Weasley looked sideways, ready to punch Draco when he seemingly calmed himself. Still, the look of surprise hadn't escaped him. "Malfoy?"
"Is everything all right?"
"Do you know this man, Mr Malfoy?" Liam asked.
"Yes. He's a friend…" Sort of. Charlie Weasley raised an eyebrow at Malfoy.
"I'm afraid he's asking for information we cannot provide and if your friend is not staying here, he needs to leave."
"Can I talk to him?" Draco straightened his posture and raised an eyebrow, looking sternly at Liam and Liam nodded nervously. Draco motioned with his head and asked for Charlie to follow him.
"I didn't know you were here…Does Harry know?" Weasley asked.
Draco nodded once. "It wasn't planned. I assume you're here for Longbottom?" Charlie didn't meet his eyes. "I know his room is on the seventh floor but I'm unaware of his room number." Draco thought for a long minute before he sat down on one of the sofas in the lobby and Charlie did the same. "I can get Teddy to ask Liam—"
"Who?"
"The man over there. He's become close with Teddy. He would tell him which room Neville's staying in. Or, you can come to our suite. Freshen up. And we can head over to the Christmas Eve Ball tonight that the resort is hosting."
"But I'm not staying here…"
"Indeed," Draco said. "Liam…" he called softly and the young man came rushing to him.
"Yes, Mr Malfoy?"
"Can you please arrange it so Mr Weasley will stay with myself and Teddy in our Suite?" Draco asked and Liam hesitantly nodded. "Please update the charges to whatever they are for an extra guest and give me the invoice. Is that understood?"
"Yes, Mr Malfoy."
"Excellent. Well, Weasley. Let's go."
"Why are you helping me?" Charlie asked standing up after Draco had done so.
Draco gave Charlie a once-over. "I suppose I'm helping Neville," he said and the man's face turned red. "I might be slightly aware of your entanglement and Neville's been nothing but kind to me after he's seen me here. If you two can get a chance to work it out—"
"And Harry?"
Draco smiled softly as they reached the lifts and he looked at Charlie. "We're trying to be friends."
"Friends," echoed Charlie.
"Trying," said Draco.
14 comments | Leave a comment