09 June 2026 @ 03:23 pm
Is AO3 commenting down, or is it me?  
I am not someone who chases after comments that much. I am happy to share my work when and where it's appropriate. But in the past, when I post a story, I get at least one or two stragglers who read it right away and comment or something.

Which gets me to thinking: maybe, there are so many fests, like running all the time, there are so many discord servers, and Tumblr fests, that non-fest posting works aren't getting the love or the recognition that they used to be before.

Just a random thought on a Tuesday.
 
 
( Post a new comment )
Keeper of the Cocks: SDK_Glasses[personal profile] torino10154 on June 9th, 2026 09:30 pm (UTC)
I honestly don't know as I haven't written much lately BUT generally speaking, the only people who hop right on my works are the usual suspects--meaning people I recognize as subscribers. And even that really depends. Sometimes it's just kudos. I don't know if fests have as much to do with it (tbh I thought the last fest I did had less comments than I'd have hoped). But there are so many areas of fandom--twitter, tumblr, various discords--that I know little about so mostly I'm talking out of my ass. ;)
(Reply) (Link)
nuclearpolymer[personal profile] nuclearpolymer on June 10th, 2026 06:16 pm (UTC)
I have days when I think...is anyone reading any of my email or anything? Am I just talking to myself here?
(Reply) (Link)